Sat, Mar 05|
Sip and Script
Wine, friends, and writing pretty things -- is there any better way to spend your Saturday?!
Time & Location
Mar 05, 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM
Lake Jackson, 134 S Parking Pl, Lake Jackson, TX 77566, USA
About the event
Grab and friend and come sip on some delicious Texas wine while you learn how therapeutic and fun dip pen calligraphy can be!
- Curious about calligraphy?
- Have you always wanted to learn how to write pretty things on envelopes?
- Do you like wine and hanging with friends on a Saturday?
- Do you just need an afternoon getaway?
- Do you know absolutely nothing about calligraphy?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, join Man and Bride founder Melanie Ward for a warm and inviting introductory class on the tools, techniques, and best practices to transform your handwriting into beautiful calligraphy script!
Always welcoming and encouraging, Melanie covers all the details aspiring calligraphers need to get started. From materials and setting up a workspace to basic shapes, line widths, movement, and connecting individual letters, this class is comprehensive and fun! No experience necessary!
By the end, you'll write a meaningful name, quotation, or passage in a simple calligraphy script. This enjoyable project is a perfect way to spend time with words you love, grow your calligraphy skills, and practice making artistic decisions in pursuit of beautiful handwriting.
This class will include an entire beginners calligraphy kit that you get to take home:
- A folder full of practice pages, sample fonts, envelopes to practice on, and tons of information to help you continue your calligraphy journey when you get home
- A practice calligraphy workbook
- A pen holder
- 3 premium nibs
- A nib carrying case
- Ink jar
- Premium Sumi ink
Early bird tickets are $5 off!